Sunday, February 11, 2007

Lords of the Flies

It's my last day on the trains and I've fallen into a sleepy routine. The seats in front turn around to form the most comfortable bed I've ever had on the trains. Meal times and movie times are scheduled finely. Meals are simple affairs, consisting of yesterday's leftovers, Home Brand canned food and one orange. The staff know that I'll be interested in the expired chips special and I am, so I buy two (it's a treat)! Reading, listening to Max Kingsley Jr, sleeping and spacing out at the window take turns like they're learning to waltz.

DSCF3202.JPG
DSCF3207.JPG

Darly picks me up and we head straight for Lichfield National Park. It's a one hour drive on the road and another hour off it. Daryl's 4WD goes over rocks, crosses streams and breaks stumps like only a man's car can. We arrive at the campsite and set up camp but immediately the mudflies attack, so we hurry up and jump into the waterhole. up here in darwin, the waterhole is surrounded by familiar tropical trees, a much welcome sight. The water is sparkling clear, crystal cold and there are a series of falls so we sit under them, letting the water wash everything away.

DSCF3211.JPG
DSCF3212.JPG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home