Monday, February 05, 2007

So, Alice

Alice still feels like a hole and here in this hole I have to decide how best to approach Uluru. Possibilities are the Aboriginal approach (seeing as to how I've a message from Auntie Marie to the Elders), the go to Yulara and camp at the fire station tactic or Get A Tour. An afternoon sitting in the town square in all the Heat and Flies tells me that what I really want now is a luxury tour that will bring me on a bam-bam-bam trip, very much like my GOR odyssey.

DSCF3063.JPG
The heart, the soul, the centre. Hm.

After a visit to Greyhound (already established as bad) and to YHA (never! go to he hostels even though the membership card is good), with a touch of uncertain fortune, im booked on a 200AUD, 3D2N tour courtesy of my mate, Dan, who, ah, also happens to be a tour operator. A trip on the Greyhound would've cost me 150AUD+-, excluding room and board. This is a bargain as it is but throw in a friend, a hotel stay, gourmet food, exclusive guides and I'm floored, absolutely sold.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home