Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Uluru Climb

DSCF3103.JPG
the Mingo Mob.
DSCF3106.JPG

The Anangu dont want us to climb but still it is open. I decide that cultural sensitivity can wait until I'm older. I'm fit now and my knees are still working so I'll climb it. It's a convex slope so what you can see from the ground is only a quarter of the way up. It's very safe but because I'm like an ant on the Rock, it feels as though I might slip off or get blown away.

DSCF3110.JPG
DSCF3117.JPG
DSCF3122.JPG
DSCF3124.JPG
DSCF3125.JPG
DSCF3127.JPG
DSCF3130.JPG

The view is magnificent, of course. Sun rising over the red earth in a slight mist and Kata-Tjuta greets us from the distance. The way at the top is funny, running down a slope so the momentum brings you up the next one. Who cares about the painted white lines? I dont, and have a ball of a time climbing up and jumping down everywhere.

DSCF3140.JPG
My bushfly cemetery
DSCF3141.JPG
Mt. Connor and the land and I
DSCF3143.JPG
DSCF3144.JPG
No more SPAM sandwiches!
DSCF3145.JPG
My Hotel Room
DSCF3147.JPG
My Hotel Swimming Pool
DSCF3148.JPG
My Hotel Room Service
DSCF3149.JPG
My Hotel Dartboard
DSCF3150.JPG
Dan brings me to see the crazy stars on the boardwalk. The stars are terrific and just sick. I wish the stars could take me. I wish I could take a picture properly

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home