Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wake Up

Sarah is such a darling whose very smile makes the day and warms me up from the chill of the night air. She lends me a bicycle when I want to go to Black Mountain, of course it was no use. It takes about one hour to push the bicycle up Black Mountain Tower, where the view is not so good. Still the climb up is worth it only because of the ride down, which is blistering fast my eyes start to tear.

DSCF3008

Bobby Flynn joins us back at the tent embassy to say hello and pay his respects to Auntie Isabel. He sits down with us a little while and I dont know who he is but he's pretty hot and very humble. The highlight of the day is the Australia Day Live 2007 concert on the front lawns of Parliament House. It all starts with the tour of the House which is so interesting only because all the tourists in the city seem to be going there today. Walking out of the house there're two girls struggling with their deluxe-sized esky so I offer to help them with it. It seems a simple enough gesture but they're bowled over enought to offer me a drink and to hang out with them. Which I do, and Jen and I go frickin' crazy dancing and stuffing our faces while I ogle at their brother Kevin. Bobby Flynn burns the house down with his hott vocals and sexy attitude while The Audreys are literally making love on stage with sultry sass, a steel pedal guitar and a harmonica. Oh oh oh!

DSCF3013

The night takes over from the concert and i go back to the Tent Embassy. Finn, the 13-year-old son of Michael, the chai tent owner, invites me to go scavenging with him after the crowds have cleared from the lawns. I bring along my trusty gallet light and we put on our helmets, riding into the darkness. Finally I get the green bag I'd always wanted but was too stingy to pay 99c for. Back in camp, I lend my sleeping bag to the stoned lady who's lost everything so I go to sleep beside a campfire under the stars. Not before I'm subjected to the most horrendous conversation by bizarro hare krishnas. I go to wash my face at the sprinklers watering the lawns and then try to go to sleep for real, the water in my ears hopefully blocking out the friction.

DSCF3016

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home