Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Afternoon Delight

The drought has broken in many parts of Australia, most especially the driest areas. Lets just say everyone was washed over by the amount of rain there was, so much that it also washed away the IP's tracks between Port Pirie and Sydney. So the train brings us on a historic IP journey through VIC, and I dont get to do my Broken Hill Redux Edition. Im not the only one looking forward to Broken Hill - the SA government gives all pensioners a free trip to Broken Hill annually, which is very sweet except I think maybe they get bored with it after, oh, five years?

Since the train isnt going through Broken Hill, most from the pensioner posse decide not to travel on the train anymore, leaving the train about half empty. The seats in front turn around so I get four seats to call my brand new colony. I meet a single mother-teacher-traveller and thats how we spend the rest of the day. It's also decided then that I'll alight at Goulburn instead of Sydney because it's so much closer to Canberra. At night, the train passes outside Melbourne and seeing the city lights reminds me of coming back from ConFest and just knowing that Melbourne is a special place.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home