Thursday, December 21, 2006

Leaving

Perhaps it is one thing that is making me very happy this past month. Sleeping on the floor below Jana, with a towel that she has specially laid for me, I have a dream that keeps coming back. It is the one with the O/A Levels and I do not study for my Geography/ History/ Economics/ Literature and I'm sweating in my proverbial panties. But that is over now. I have left that frightful space, I have left the days of being a cadet in CDA, and I have left Jurong Fire Station. This is very important - I'm no longer stuck in whatever I have to be doing. For now, I'm in a place and time entirely of my own volition. I'm no longer the left but the leaving. I have a choice of going, staying or returning. Like the day I got my driving licence, there is an inexorable feeling that I'm no longer The Driven. NOW! It is my purpose that propels me, my destiny to fulfil. On a train in the middle of nowhere on this Southern continent is where the adventure is final, the road is the destination and life is at the ends of the world.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger hon said...

earth to ivan!

8:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home