Friday, December 15, 2006

Keeping Dry

Max Kingsley Jr. says: The District Sleeps Alone Tonight by The Postal Service

A tattoo with the Aussie flag adorns my right foot, and that's about the only thing I did today. Walking around the city, I'm singing The Postal Service from the iPod. Today is an excellent example of the down days when there isnt really anything to do or anywhere to go. Travelling between places, I am a visitor here, I am not permanent, and the only thing keeping me dry is...

I get too comfortable thinking that it's okay to be isolated when I'm travelling when the fact is I'm like that even at home. Olle tells me after dinner that every person has three legs - family, friends, and his occupation - which all complement each other. When I return home, I wont be fond of my family, prolly wont meet my friends and wait tables at a lousy cafe in Siglap.

We go to Court Hotel where the crowd is very sorry - big hairy lesbians and fat mama shop uncles gather there to celebrate the weekend. Adam tells me to go there just to laugh at the people, check out the old and fat go-go boy, and see the drunk Aborigines around the pool table. We go next to Connections where the crowd is a lot better. The bartender's really hot and so I keep ordering vodka redbulls. Olle brings me to the peepshow where there were girls getting hot and heavy for just 2AUD - worth every cent.

Back home, I lie awake from all the Red Bulls and count the number of ambulances speeding past nearby Newcastle St on the way to the Royal Perth Hospital. D.C. sleeps alone tonight...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home