Friday, November 24, 2006

The Overland

DSCF2851
The Overland between Adelaide and Melbourne is something like a relic. It is straight from the 80's and the toilets on the train are something to behold. The passengers are mostly old Australians (unlike on The Ghan) like these two fogeys here. He's wearing a HAT and a tweed jacket with lapel pins and she a dress with a pink flowing jacket. amazing.

261106: I spot her wearing the same thing on in Melbourne after saying goodbye to Shu En
281106: Again, them, in the same clothes, going back to Adelaide with me

In Melbourne, Pam is sposed to pick me up but she's nowhere to be seen. I walk to University of Melbourne to meet Shu En instead and two hours later she picks me up at the side of the street where I'm sitting like a lost backpacker. We go to her place where she cooks and feeds me (food!) and where I shower. Later, she brings me to Trader's Bar which has a very interesting concept. Drinks' prices are floating and determined based on demand. So if a drink is very popular, it becomes very costly, and vice versa. Thrice a night, the stock market crashes and drinks are all dirt cheap. But to get drinks at this time, you need to be all crouching tiger hidden dragon. so i just played it cool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home