Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Great Beginning

Talk about great beginnings to adventures. In the Budget Terminal before we board the plane, we're herded from gate to gate across entire lengths of the terminal. One hour into the flight, the captain tells us we have to head back to Singapore and land to change to another plane. The next plane isnt until four hours later so we all wait.. and wait.. and wait..

DSCF2757
Finding my way about Darwin includes walking a great deal. Buses arent so frequent and reliable. And then a summer storm takes place. Im in the middle of a godforsaken suburb with no buses around, in shorts, and with no jacket. The wind starts howling the rain falls like needles driven into my skin by sister wind. After a while there's a bit of hail (!) so I hide under a tree but with all the lightning, I thought it unwise and ran with my bag above my head.

Getting back to the YHA, I rest for a while before tonight's date. Shower and changed, I walk down the street to Tap. Mitchell Street is the main street in Darwin and it's also the backpackers/club area. Everything is within 10 minutes walk so it's terribly convenient, not to mention rowdy. At Tap I order a Big Aussie Burger, and it's just that, so huge I couldnt finish it. We go down the street to the Lost Arc where we get agwa shots and then to The Vic where the tables are the dance floor. Last stop, Throb, and it's back to Darryl's place for the night.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home