Sunday, February 18, 2007

Open Eyes

We go to Wild Wild Wet in the morning and again, it's a first for all of us. Man, was I even alive in the past year? It's a CNY crowd, which means that of course it's packed, but with MIO's only. The place is pretty small and the rides arent even scary at all except perhaps for this one ride. In any case, it's a chance to swim and get some sun and exercise, not to mention that they're paying.

2007-02-18_11.54.06.jpg
2007-02-18_14.04.34a.jpg

I have to go visiting after that while they wisely decide to go to Bukit Timah. This is the year that the aunties start asking for me about my girlfriend, of which there is none. For that matter, boy or girl, whatev, maybe I dont want anything now because it's great as it is and I dont want to spoil it. (But if twas R, I take that back.) Cue awkward smile, pretend to be the asexual boy I was a decade ago and keep stuffing my face so I dont have to talk. Ugh.. Chinese New Year will never be the same again. Not after puberty, NS, leaving the country and studying overseas. Now I am almost the adult son who needs to carry on the family name (which name?), challenge my father for the patriarchy (what from whom?), and be able to discuss cheerfully When I Will Come To Be Filial To You Too (when? where?).

Is it any wonder then, any wrong, that I dont want to have to be here anymore?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home