Thursday, April 05, 2007

Public Transport in Singapore

So the government wants to get more people out of their cars and onto buses and trains. They've done ERP, COE, transport rationalisation, upgraded service standards, sent out new trains and buses but still it's not enough. Well, I'm not sure how many people think like me, but I might have a very good suggestion. You see, the reason I drive when possible is so that I dont have to meet Ah Bengs blasting horrid cheena techno songs on their mega-blaster mobiles, crazy aunties pushing you aside to get that seat, smelly Dunman High kids on the way home and stupid underaged couples making out near the doors. So, if people without civic-mindedness were booted off the trains and buses by our under-utilised transit security staff, perhaps more people would start boarding and stop driving. And, ooh, perhaps even public executions by the rifle-wielding SOC and army dudes. Thats good economic sense (I think).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home