Thursday, August 21, 2003

it's been almost a year. i think i'm allowed some indulgence
you swept me off my feet,
and left me in a million pieces.
but, in the wide white sea of pleats,
your's is still the most beautiful to me.

i'd like to end the masquerade
and escape to fairytale dreams.
i'd like to float away from the crazy everything,
the exhaustion and the baseless tears.
but, you found me,
and i found myself weighted.

it takes alot to hold on,
and it's harder to let go.
i'm not sure whether i did in the end,
and i've forgotten whether there was anything to let go of.

i've been very good, really.
i haven't thought about you [much],
and i don't try to talk to you even.
you're a dazzling rainbow of dreams,
untouchable by everything,
save the wind.

i just want a taste of this sweet heaven.
people come and people go,
mere shadows.
but you, are scorched on my life.
a brand i can never remove.

maybe i could,
and after a hundred years,
even if people know that i existed,
they'd never know that i am only a drop in your ocean.

we'd only just began,
yet our next day seemed too far away.
when you finally find me again,
i'd have been burnt by the moonlight.

i could lose heed of my restrictions,
in search of sanity and life again.
but i'd rather wait for your return,
even if it was staged.

how did you
make me go crazy over you
make me surrender myself to you
make me cross the stream?
i'll never know.

how does one answer one's own questions?
how does one decide where to go?
the emptiness of night is insatiable,
and behind every door is a new passageway.

so if you find you've left something behind
in me,
i'll be in the same dusty corner,
because loving you [who'll never return]
entails not discarding anything of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home