Monday, November 26, 2007

The Real Big Apple By Bike

Destination: Valley Stream, Long Island. It's time to return the phone, the 21st birthday present I never wanted. That means 10 miles each way, all the way to to WalMart. If anyone can do it, I can. I realize though, it's not the cycling. It's about going through 8 different neighbourhoods, each one further removed from NYC physcially and figuratively. It gets quiet and busy, random and peaceful, white and then black. This is the hinterland, how most people actually live. Forget Manhattan nights, it's long commutes and Sunday shopping at the crazy fucking giant mall. So WalMart gave me my money back, and I got there by bicycle. Zero emissions, money back guarantee. Small guys taking down giantszzz.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One third linchpin in that this redevelopment is a person's Hudson-Bergen Light Rail System. You can earn the money coming in you allow oneself.

Also visit my page usługi ochrony lublin

2:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home