Sunday, December 31, 2006

Throwback

It rained at ConFest this morning, the first time since 1984. The pelting water through the trees settled the pervading dust. Now, what used to be everywhere in the air, in our eyes, in our clothes and tent, has settled down to earth with the rain. And so it is, as Blake pointed out at breakfast, sitting on tree trunks eating our icecreams, that it's the last day of the year. Just the last two days out here in the bush has laid everything in the past year to rest. Perhaps it is the general comatose here, or perhaps it is the benefit of hindsight, but nothing that happened is worth holding onto now. Past relationships, most essentially R, and from this year Chia Lun, and maybe even Harith dont seem to grate too terribly anymore. The mega-decision of dropping NUS Law School seems more to be a release than a commitment. Working in the past year at CCSG was prolly one of the better decisions. 'Twas the only social life to be had for a while and helped to pay for me to be here now. For a while maybe I should have been doing something like theatre or organised sports. Perhaps I should've, but it was all I could do to keep up at NS and whenever I could keep up all that was on my mind was getting out to the rest of the world. This is a typical feeling. This year was about coping. But next year, next year the world shall cope with me. I shall be a whirlwind and know every tree and tune. Next year, over the shoulder, will be mine, mine, mine.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home