Saturday, July 16, 2005

nude in stanzas

at the supermarket i
watch you at the
cashier as you retrieve your
wallet and this amaz
ingly thick wad of notes that
i like to imagine belongs to me for
no other reason than

i am jolted from my
sleep in the middle of the
night on the sofa where
i had fallen asleep just thinking
of you and listening to tunes but
suddenly i remember that
there is no point because

"you are not here", "you
are not here" i think to
myself as i sink my head into the
sink

pyramids and fibre and serotonin i
have given to you from under
neath me and i have
made your basket full with
potatoes and more than
rice and from the bottom of the
freezer i say to you now

"give me your dough", "give
me your dough" or anything
else anything to pay me for my
everything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home