Tuesday, June 17, 2003

music in my head :: chances are :: robert downey jr. + vonda shepard
Chances are you'll find me
Somewhere on your road tonight
Seems I always end up driving by
Ever since I've known you
It just seems you're on my way
All the rules of logic don't apply
I long to see you in the night
Be with you 'til morning light

Chances are I'll see you
Somewhere in my dreams tonight
You'll be smiling like the night we met
Chances are I'll hold you and I'll offer all I have
You're the only one I can't forget
Baby you're the best, I've ever met


chancing upon this song again is fantastic. just like an old treasure trove of memories. i remember singing it to D. i'd be met with expressions of horror, as usual, but we knew what we meant. realized i still miss D even though D gave me the worst year of my life. because i barely survived D, all the memories from two years ago seem even more lucid now. happiness meant sitting at the back of the doubledeck to nowhere, it meant looking at D's fingers and so much more until the both of us went mad. still, in spite of the going mad, i miss D because we had so many things on our checklist. going to france, backpacking to europe, living in an apartment with four other crazy F.R.I.E.N.D.S and mini-things we said we'd do together. i tried to message D's old number but got no reply. hmmm.

all THAT from this song. anyone who reads this, tell me about the next time you stumble across an old song of yours.
when you look at the stars, do you wonder whether the sheep ate the rose just like we used to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home